COVID-19 is a game-changing factor in the current environment. With this pandemic, the whole system of operations has changed. A phase of new-norm has taken over. Dealing with this critical situation, Government officials have taken measures to avoid the spreading of COVID-19. They have granted permission for businesses to start again, only if they abide by the rules and regulations.
Businesses calling employees back to work must stay vigilant and carry out necessary actions for the health and safety of their staff.
The strict guidelines highlight the DOs and DONTs. Hence, allowing businesses to open and operate, adopting the change.
Here outlined are the five steps; the employers’ evaluation guide. It will assist them in the opening of the workplace and how to tackle the issues related to COVID-19.
STEP 1- Review Government information and guidelines
Check if the business can legally open again, and see the requirements for it. The government also requests many firms to implement a COVID-19 safety plan to develop and abide by the guidelines. The goal of this plan is to minimize the transmission of the virus.
STEP 2- Assess the risk in the work location
Consider the entire road map an employee will take to reach the company. From how they commute to how much they socialize. Furthermore, there should be sufficient space for workers to maintain a 1-meter distance.
Avoid asking elderly workers to come to work. Old age is more prone to the virus.
STEP 3- Develop and Implement safety measures
Based on the assessment done previously, implement safety measures to protect and ensure the well-being of the workers.
Few measures are
- Rearrange the workspace, which allows workers to maintain distance by spreading out.
- Schedule the work-from-office days for employees, so there are fewer crowds.
- Discourage social events and gatherings in the office premises.
- Schedule regular disinfection of the space and keep it sanitized.
- Develop protocols
- Implement a strategy for customers to avoid objects intact.
- Switch to digital meetings whenever possible. Thus, it saves from the exposure of being outdoors.
- You can introduce the system of collecting information of the customers via the visitor registration app. The guests can use their device to scan and fill in the necessary information, rather than forming a queue to fill the forms.
- Switch to manual registering instead of a biometric scanner when recording the attendance.
- Use card transactions than money exchange to avoid transmission of bacteria through notes.
- Have strict guidelines for customers visiting the workplace.
- Keep a backup plan to carry out if a worker gets infected by the COVID-19 virus.
STEP 4- Communicate with workers
- Provide a brief on the new protocols
- Put up posters and signs of safety measures in the office space.
STEP 5- Monitor regularly
Evaluate and respond accordingly to the required situations. If there is a potential threat arising, carry out immediate actions.
Hence, these are the primary assessments to be carried out before re-opening a business.
There could be a need to add a few additional steps, depending on the nature of the business.
However, businesses are only allowed to open if they meet the COVID-19 secure guidelines.